For complete details on all the available resources for getting the most out of your FitSpirit Challenge weekend, please view the 2022 Participant’s Guide. (PDF)
Join the event’s private Facebook group to share photos or videos, view capsules presented by experts, to go along with inspiring tricks and tips, important reminders, and much more!
Each program lasts eight weeks (June 20th to August 12th) and is prepared by experts to help you meet your challenge (PDF).
- Beginners (those who expect to run no more than 5 km per day during the event).
- Intermediate and advanced (those who expect to run more than 5 km per day during the event).
A special thank you to The Running Clinic and kinesiologist Isabelle Gagnon for designing these programs!
Our partner, Cardio Plein Air, offers workout sessions free of charge during the eight weeks of training for the event. There are three ways to participate: in person at a park, online, or by tuning into the podcast.
What is Cardio F.I.T.?
Combining cardiovascular and agility exercises, together with strength training, this high-intensity interval training features circuits and stations. Accessible to all levels of fitness.
When: every Tuesday from June 21st to August 2nd at 7 p.m.
Duration: 30 minutes
It is possible to participate remotely in one workout session or more via the Zoom platform. You will be able to speak directly with the other participants and the trainer, just as though you were there in person!
*Please note, the online workout sessions are held in French.
Link for registration: Google form. *Required
Link to Zoom trainings. (Sessions are held in French)
Via a podcast
When: every Monday from June 20th to August 12th (The podcasts are shared every Monday, but you can tune in whenever you want.)
Duration: 30 minutes
Cardio Plein Air has prepared pre-recorded workout sessions that you can follow at your own pace. One podcast per week from June 20th to August 12th.
1) Follow the podcast link shared below (Dropbox link) from your cell phone or computer.
2) Choose the "Continue to website" option.
3) If you wish, you can download the podcast (on your phone, bottom left; on your computer, top left).
4) Go outside to do your workout if you feel like it!
Cardio F.I.T #1 with Lynn (EN)
Cardio F.I.T #1 avec Patricia (FR)
Cardio F.I.T #2 with Lynn (EN)
Cardio F.I.T #2 avec Patricia (FR)
Cardio F.I.T #3 with Lynn (EN)
Cardio F.I.T #3 avec Patricia (FR)
Cardio F.I.T #4 with Lynn (EN)
Cardio F.I.T #4 avec Patricia (FR)
Cardio F.I.T #5 with Lynn (EN)
Cardio F.I.T #5 avec Patricia (FR)
Cardio F.I.T #6 with Lynn (EN)
Cardio F.I.T #6 avec Patricia (FR)
Cardio F.I.T #7 with Lynn (EN)
Cardio F.I.T #7 avec Patricia (FR)
Cardio F.I.T #8 with Lynn (EN)
Cardio F.I.T #8 avec Patricia (FR)
When: from June 20th to August 6th, inclusive
Duration: 30 minutes
Registration is required for in-person participation in one workout session or more.
Link to Google form for registration. *Required
List of parks and workout schedules: (from June 20th to August 6th)
- Levis: l’Anse-Tibbits Park, Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Meeting point: In front of the Roméo Bélanger chalet.
- Longueuil: Michel Chartrand Park, Saturdays at 10:45 a.m. Meeting point: Parking lot adjacent to the community gardens, via the entrance on Jean-Paul Vincent Blvd.
- Mascouche: Du Grand-Coteau Park, Tuesdays at 6:15 p.m. Meeting point: Parking lot on Mascouche Blvd. Enter the park and go to the main chalet, near the pond.
- Montreal: La Fontaine Park, Thursdays at 7:15 p.m. Meeting point: Place Charles-de-Gaulle (The statue in front of the Hospital, on Sherbrooke Street).
- Quebec City: Les plaines d'Abraham, Mondays at 7 p.m. Meeting point: Edwin-Bélanger Kiosk, South of Briand Avenue. * On July 11th, the meeting point will be at the entrance of the ring, at the western end of the plains, near Grande-Allée. 1 avenue Wolf-Montcalm*
- Sainte-Catherine: André-J.-Côté Park, Tuesdays at 7:15 p.m. Meeting point: Adjacent parking lot at 116, Marie-Victorin Blvd., Candiac.
To ensure that you receive the proper support during your training, as of June 20th, FitSpirit will share short weekly videos made by a kinesiologist on the event’s private Facebook group. The videos will feature complementary and accessible strength training exercises every week.
For the entire eight weeks of training, starting June 20th, you will have the opportunity to partake in a weekly challenge presented in the form of a video capsule.
Share the highs and lows of your training, together with images of your weekly challenges, by regularly posting photos or videos to the event’s private Facebook group. If you do not have a Facebook account, please send your photos and videos to [email protected]. A souvenir video will be produced, drawing on all these wonderful moments. It is a beautiful way for mothers and daughters to look back on their grand adventure!
The FitSpirit Mother/Daughter Challenge is one of the organization’s main fundraising events.To help us offer FitSpirit, an extracurricular activity, in as many high schools as possible, we encourage teams to raise funds in support of FitSpirit. In doing so, you will allow more girls to take part, free of charge, in various physical activities offered year-round. The fundraising target is $400,000.
To help you with your fundraising, see #13 below to access our tools.
Pssst, all teams that raise $100 or more have a chance to win a prize!
This year, we had the chance to collaborate with the artist Florence Rivest to offer you a unique event T-shirt. A sum of $4 will be remitted to FitSpirit for every purchase.Stay tuned, we will be unveiling it soon!
Again this year, you will be able to experience the FitSpirit Mother/Daughter Challenge remotely, from home or on vacation.
Several tools will be made available to help you with your preparation and to enrich your experience. Be sure to take full advantage!
a) Training programs (PDF)
Running: beginner / > intermediate + advanced
Walking: all levels
Cycling: all levels
b) FitSpirit workout sessions
Strength training circuit
c) Complementary strength training exercises (starting June 20th)
d) Playful challenges (starting June 20th)